Our Experiences In Tiruvannamalai

Our Experiences In Tiruvannamalai
A GUIDE TO THIS BLOG

On the side panel is a list of contributors. We recommend reading by writer as we don't want you to miss out on anyone's experience.

If, however, you would like to read from the very beginning, please scroll down to the bottom of each web page and hit 'older posts', till you find the very first post.


There are about 400 pages of information on Girivalam on this website.
Enjoy
__________________________________________


Karthikeyan -- If you want money, go to Tirupati. If you want to know what is life, go on Girivalam

.
Dear All,

Yes, it is correct if you pray to Lord Siva on full moon day, you will see changes in our life. It will give you a good, peaceful mind. Until three years ago, I went so many times to Tiruvanamalai girivalam, I got good changes in my life. Now I am in Singapore, working as engineer. So all try to pray the Lord Siva in Tiruvanamalai.

I started my first girivalam around 2002. Initially, I got some trouble (in Tamil they says sothanai. It means problems). After 3 months, I got turning point in my life so I decided to go continuosly. During that period I felt very happy and also good things started to happen in my life.

Initially, walking condition very bad but it gave me good experience. Now they improve a lot. So there is no problem for walking conditions i.e. if you can walk continuosly for more than 4 hours.

Between 2002-2005, may be I missed 6 to 8 full-moon girivalams because of my college examinations.

If you want money, go to Tirupati.
If u want to know what is the life, go on girivalam

I will always prefer girivalam. You can get good things in your life with some difficulties, but it will stay permanently with you.

Lord Siva greater, so you please go to girivalam.

Now I am in Singapore so I am missing girivalam.

I want to share one more thing. I always finish my girivalam within full moon period (for e.g. full moon day start around 8.30 p.m. and end 4.30 a.m., I will start after 8.30 p.m. and finish before 4.30 a.m.)

Thanks to you, you gave me chance to tell about the girivalam.
.

3 comments:

  1. if you want moneny go to Thirupathi .If you want experience go to Thiruvannamalai.It is not entirely correct.But doing abishekem with 16 items to lord
    shiva also gives prosperity.My experience.Thiruvanamalai is place for spirituality but there are procedures by wich we can please lord shiva also to get money like abishekam to him on every prodosham with all items in mentioned in pradosha purana.I am not trying to be rude.Just trying to say by praying to lord shiva also we can get money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. English is not Karthikeyan's first language and I can see how what he wrote can be misunderstood. At no point did he mean that Lord Shiva will not give money. He meant Lord Shiva will give everything we need in Life and Moksha.

    You are absolutely right. If during Pradosham we offer items that will please Lord Shiva, he will shower his blessings upon us. The items are:

    Milk Gives Long life
    Ghee gives Moksha
    Curd gives good children
    Honey gives melodious voice
    Rice Powder gives free from debts
    Sugar Cane Juice gives good health
    Panjamrutham gives wealth
    Lemon removes fear of death
    Sugar removes enmity
    Tender Coconut gives enjoyment
    Cooked Rice gives gives majestic life
    Sandal gives Lakshmi’s grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanting the Rudram (both Namakam and Chamakam) daily at home or while doing Girivalam is another way of praying to Lord Shiva for peace and prosperity. It is a very powerful hymn that will remove planetary doshas and difficulties.

    1. Namakam recited once along with Chamakam constitutes one Rudram

    2. Recital of 11 Namakas along with one verse of Chamakam at the end of each Namakam constitutes Ekadasa Rudram.

    3. Recital of 11 Ekadasa Rudrams is Laghu Rudram. This is usually done by 11 priests trained in chanting the rudram.

    4. Recital of 11 Laghu Rudrams is one Maha Rudram.

    5. Recital of 11 Maha Rudrams is one Athi Rudram. Therefore, in Athi Rudram 14,641 Rudrams include 14,641 Namakams and 1,331 Chamakams.

    6. This is followed by one tenth (133) recitations for the purpose of the homam.

    The Arunachaleswarar Temple organizes the powerful Athi Rudram in May for the purpose of mitigating the bad effects of Agni Nakshatram. Several temples around the world conduct Athi Rudram throughout the year. Be sure to participate in one and get the blessings of Lord Shiva.

    ReplyDelete