Our Experiences In Tiruvannamalai

Our Experiences In Tiruvannamalai
A GUIDE TO THIS BLOG

On the side panel is a list of contributors. We recommend reading by writer as we don't want you to miss out on anyone's experience.

If, however, you would like to read from the very beginning, please scroll down to the bottom of each web page and hit 'older posts', till you find the very first post.


There are about 400 pages of information on Girivalam on this website.
Enjoy
__________________________________________


Experiences from Crore 9 of our mantra japa





















Crore 9 of our Japam has barely begun and experiences have already started pouring in:

A Japam Participant who has been with us since the beginning wrote:

This japam has been really awesome. I have got closer to Bholenaath and attained peace of mind. Thanks to u.
----------


















 


A new japam participant wrote to us:




I started the Japam because my husband had lost his appetite to eat. He was not eating at all as food made him cringe and to vomit. He has a lot of health issues and I got concerned and was just browsing the internet.  I wrote to a couple of ayurvedic doctors in India and was checking my email to see if they had replied (they never replied), when I saw an email, hidden in my spam mail, from a news group I belong to.  


It caught my eye when this person wrote that Lord Puthur Appan did wonders for her.  I was in so much pain that I started reading the email.  She had posted a link to the website too so I started to browse thru the Puthur Shiva Temple website.  I was so touched and emotional that I immediately wrote to you and asked your permission to do japam.  

 

After I posted my Japam, the next day, after 10 days of not eating, my husband came into the kitchen and told me he was hungry.  I cried and thanked Lord Shiva and told him to help me and show me the way.  Since that day I am totally devoted to Lord Shiva.  

 

I will do the tithing.  I will definitely go to Puthur Shiva Temple next time I visit India.  I don’t know when, but if Puthur Shiva wants me to visit His temple, He will definitely pave the way for me.  

I will tell you something that happened to me a very long time ago when I was a little girl. I was seven years old when I had this dream. I am with Lord Shiva in his abode, he is holding my hand and telling me that my life is going to change, my mother is going to her heavenly abode on the 5th of Aug 1970.  The dream was so real that even today I remember it like yesterday.  
 
Next morning I woke up and told my mom that I don’t want to go to school today. She asked me why? I told her that Lord Shiva told me you are going to die today.  My mom smiled and told me you might not have said your prayers so Lord Shiva is scaring you.  I was adamant and refused to go but then I had to succumb to my mother's wish. So I gave my mom a kiss and went to school crying.  My dad picked us up at school and told us that my mom met with an accident and she is in the hospital and he is taking us with him to see her. But we never saw her alive.  

After that I was scared of Lord Shiva.  I lost touch with Him.  I always remember that dream. I did prayers to Him but used to be very scared.

After joining this japam group, I am no more scared of Him.  I want that connection with Him.   Since starting this japam, my sadhana is going well. Lord Shiva is slowly helping me have faith in Him again. I find myself constantly doing the japam in His name without even me realizing it. I am at peace and ready to take on whatever comes in my way. Thank you for your support and guidance.


___________  





















Another new japam participant described his experience:

"Earlier this year, I lost my job with a multinational corporation and couldn't find another one for three months. Needless to say I was very anxious as I have three teenaged children and a wife to support. I remembered reading about the Nama Japam Group of Sree Vellat Puthur Shiva Temple's and sent an email.

You all were very reassuring and asked me to start japam immediately and to donate to the annadanam fund at the temple.

Then, a miracle happened:

The moment I posted my japam, I got a call from a major corporation asking me if I was available for an interview. I said 'YES.' The interview went well but they did not call me back immediately as they had promised to.

So I panicked and contacted the japam group again. I was asked if I had donated for the annadanam at the temple. I replied that I had tried to but my bank asked me for a password that I didn’t even know I had. I will donate later… whenever

I was told that I must create punyam for myself by donating to the annadanam. The call will come as soon as I do that. So I rushed to the foreign exchange mart and begged the man to allow me to send some money to a charity. Their policy is to transfer to individuals only. Much to my surprise he agreed to do it as a one time exception.

As soon as I got home, I got a call from a friend at the company saying the documents were ready and that I should expect a call from the President of the company at any moment. It seemed like a long wait and Lord Puthur Appan was testing my patience. So I repeated the mantra and waited some more. Just now I got a call from the President asking me to sign the documents and start tomorrow - Monday. That it is Lord Shiva's day has not been lost on me.

Thank you for helping me in my time of crisis. I will definitely visit Sree Vellat Puthur Shiva temple on my next visit to India and I promise Lord Shiva that I will donate a portion of my salary every month as soon as I receive it.

My wife and I thank you all once again.
_____________
 
With all this talk of yatras, one devout japam participant, who was very ill, had her own experience. She wrote:

“I am slowly recovering from my illness and doing japam daily with the blessings of Lord Siva.  I am so happy to say that my connection to Lord Siva has deepened since joining Sree Vellat Puthur Shiva Temple’s japam group. 

All my prayers are for my family's welfare only. I never pray for any materialistic pleasure. I just pray for what I deserve. 

There is a poem in Tamil. Vendathakkana arivoi nee. It means: Lord Siva you know what is my need. You know what is my desire. If you want to give me anything, let it be as per your desire. I like this poem. So I go along with this.

On Aadi Amavasya, I had the energy to visit SEVEN Shiva Temples and had Kailai Darshan at Thiruvaiyaru.
 

“What is Kailai Darshan?” we asked.


She replied “The story goes : there was once a great devotee of Lord Siva called Thirunavukarasar or Appar in the town of Thiruvaiyaru who wanted to have darshan of Lord Siva in Kailash. He walked and walked till his legs wore out. Then he tried to walk with his hands.  


All of a sudden, a saint appeared and asked “Where are you going?”  


Appar replied, “I am going to have Darshan of Lord Siva in Kailash.”


The saint smiled and asked “How it is possible to reach Kailash without legs and hands?”


Appar replied, “If Lord Siva wishes, I will reach Kailash.”

The saint told Appar to return to Thiruvaiyaru and Lord Siva will give him darshan there as in Kailash.  The saint then disappeared. 

With the grace of Lord Siva, Appar suddenly found himself in Thiruvaiyaru where he experienced many auspicious things happening including a herd of elephants walking merrily, birds chirping happily. He knew immediately that it was a sign that he would have darshan of Lord Siva as in Kailash.

Soon, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati appeared on the Rishaba Vahana and Appar’s wish was fulfilled. This happened on Aadi Amavasya.  Every year lakhs of devotees throng to Thiruvaiyaru to witness this event.  

It is believed that only few fortunate people can witness this event and those who do will be blessed as if they visited Kailash itself. 
 
So, our japam participant who was seriously ill got darshan of Lord Siva as in Kailash, in Thiruvaiyaru this year.
___________
 




















Another new participant wrote:
 
I joined the japam group a few weeks ago but had to go out of town where I did not have wireless connection to post my japam. When I returned home, I found that my access to the japam site had been blocked. I felt very sad because I really wanted to do japam and Lord Shiva was not giving me permission to participate. I was so unhappy all day long yesterday and this morning, I got an email from you asking me why I was not posting any japam.
 
I am so happy that Lord Shiva heard my prayers and has given me permission to participate. Please give me access once again to do japam. I will do japam regularly and have sent money to Sree Puthur Shiva Temple for Annadanam. Your concern and your email were a miracle for me. It means Lord Shiva heard my prayers. Thank you.
 
___________





















Another participant wrote:

My japam is going well and I am in great spirits. Each of my days is a blessing from MY Lord Shiva. I don't have any significant special incident to tell as I am only praying that He keeps me at His feet forever. I am in absolute bliss with my chanting and basking in the blessings He is showering upon me. I don't have any big wish as such but really small prayers which my Lord is answering all the time.
__________



A very new Japam Participant emailed us:

"I started doing japam to have mental peace and concentration. With all the odds I am facing and the chaos that exists around me, I am finding that things are the same around me but I am not perturbed by them any more. That was such a great revelation for me."




__________

Thank you Lord Shiva

No comments:

Post a Comment